Are you a passionate and driven Sous Chef who loves to cook? Do you want to work alongside our talented culinary team and Head Chef to create delicious dishes? If so, we want you to join The Maple!
You will be responsible for supporting our Head Chef with crafting and executing exquisite dishes that wow our guests. You will also assist leading the kitchen and mentoring junior chefs. This is a full-time position, with the job hours being around 45 a week. The pay rate for this position is up to £35,000 – £37,000 annually plus tips.
At The Maple we are passionate about showcasing local and the food we serve. The Maple is a cosy restaurant in Cleeve that opened in 2022 and is still growing and attracting new people. We serve classic dishes with an exciting Maple twist, using fresh ingredients and beverages sourced from local businesses. We are eager to welcome a Sous Chef to our team who can work alongside our Head Chef to offer new and inventive ideas for both our menus and restaurant, and be a part of our success.
• Assist the Head Chef in crafting and executing new and exciting menus that reflect the essence of our business by using local produce and putting twists on classic dishes.
• Working closely with the management team, including the General Manager, to have a ‘one team’ approach and help to create the best possible customer experience.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Take charge of a designated section, ensuring consistent preparation, cooking, storage and sanitation procedures.
• Supervise and mentor junior members of the kitchen team, assisting in their development and growth.
• Contribute to stock management, including ordering, receiving, and storing ingredients, while minimising waste.
• Stay updated on industry trends and incorporate new techniques, flavours, and ingredients into your culinary creations.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Experience as a Sous Chef or extensive background in other Chef roles.
• A passion for food, combined with creativity and an eye for detail.
• Extensive knowledge of food preparation techniques, ingredients and flavours, with the ability to create and execute exceptional dishes using these skills. • An understanding of food health and safety standards.
• Thrive in a team environment and embrace the role of team leader when required.
• Outstanding time management and multitasking skills.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to different situations and challenges.
• Relevant culinary qualifications are not required but are preferred.
Pay – £35,000 – £37,000 annually plus tips.
Hours – 45
Other benefits – Company events including Summer & Christmas Parties, team incentives and recognition performance-based awards, The Maple discount, TOUT’S food store discount, Subway discount, Volunteer opportunities.
If you are a highly skilled Sous Chef with a passion for excellent food and a commitment to high quality work, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org